A magically delicious cake? OH YEAH!!!
- 1 1/2 Cups butter, soften
- 2 1/4 Cups sugar
- 4 Egg whites
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Tsp. baking soda
- 2 3/4 Tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- food coloring (blue, pink, yellow)
- 3 Cups butter, softened
- 12 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 to 7 Tbsp. milk
- Food coloring (pink)
- 2 Family size boxes of Lucky Charms, marshmallows separated
- Pop Rocks candy (optional)
To make the cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line three 8 inch circular cake pans with parchment paper on the bottom. Grease the sides of the pans. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg whites and beat on medium speed for about 1 minute or less.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a medium sized bowl. Then add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the batter. Mix until incorporated.
- Add about half of the milk and mix. Continue alternating adding dry and wet ingredients, and mixing after each addition.
- Separate the batter into 3 bowls. Add food coloring and mix well. Place eat color of batter into a separate cake pan. Smooth top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cakes comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans and place on cooling racks until completely cool.
To make the icing:
- Cream the butter in a mixer until fluffy.
- Add 6 cups of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and 4 Tbsp. of the milk and mix until smooth. Then add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- If needed, add more milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Place first layer of cake on your cake stand or plate.
- Add about 1 cup icing and spread into an even layer.
- Add second layer of cake and another 1 cup of icing.
- Top with remaining layer of cake and then ice the outside of the cake.
- Place Lucky Charm marshmallows around the cake.
- With some remaining, add some pink food coloring. Mix well and add to piping bag. Pipe around the edge of the cake.
- Pile Lucky Charm marshmallows on the top of the cake.
- Embellish the cake with sprinkles and Pop Rocks candy.
We’re out to share as many unique desserts as possible. What are desserts X popular culture? DESSERTS ON STEROIDS. DESSERTS ON STEROIDS is dedicated to finding and presenting as many fun and outlandish desserts as possible. Happy creating everyone!
Have a beautiful and successful week!
SOURCE: Carrie Colbert www.carriecolbert.com
DESSERTS ON STEROIDS: #stpatricksday #luckycharms
DESSERTS ON STEROIDS is an official ULTIMATE REPORT series showcasing unique desserts that offer amazing color, crafting, and over-all appeal. Each recipe shared is cited according to its author. Sharing is caring. #dessertsonsteroids