Welcome, 200 years…and many more to come…
This summer, champagne super brand Veuve Clicquot celebrated a wonderful milestone…a 200 year birthday. Naturally, this was call for a major celebration with all the bells and whistles including a well-constructed charcuterie board. Find out how this mega champagne brand celebrated year 200 with charcuterie. Make the platter for yourself, family, and friends while enjoying VC in your favorite coupe or glass! 200 Years old never looked or tasted this good…
BACON TWISTS AND NIBBLES PLATTER
For the bacon twists you’ll need:
– 1 sheet of puff pastry
– 1 egg, beaten
– 40 grams of grated parmesan cheese
– About 20 slices of bacon (300 grams total)
– Maple syrup for brushing
To assemble the nibbles platter:
1 or 2 cheeses (no blue cheese!)
Macadamia and brazil nuts
Whole pomegranate (for decoration)
– Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F
– Place the puff pastry on your work area. Brush it with the beaten egg. Spread the parmesan, salt and pepper.
– Dust a rolling pin with a bit of flour. Then roll out the dough a bit so that the cheese gets pressed into the dough.
– Cut the dough into strips about 2cm wide. Fold in half and pinch the ends together to seal them. Then twist each piece. Wrap a slice of bacon on each twist.
– Place the twists on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them for 30 minutes on the lowest oven rack.
– Brush the twists with maple syrup and bake for an extra 8 to 10 minutes.
Take them out of the oven and let them rest for a few minutes. In the meantime, assemble your nibbles platter, and enjoy!
Have a beautiful and successful week!
SOURCE: Image and recipe-Veuve Clicquot.
Guess Who’s 200 Years Old?